Web Based Asset Management
Cotting Industries offers web-based asset management tools designed to reduce operating costs, increase uptime and extend the life of your plant. The tools are provided in the form of five application modules: Document Management, Plant Maintenance, Process Safety Management, Plant Performance Data, and Asset Valuation. These applications are further described below.
Our web-based asset management application modules are fully integrated to provide instant access to:
- up-to-date plant design documents, drawings, and manuals;
- a broad range of relevant maintenance knowledge including equipment service history, repair records and warranty information;
- a complete index of plant process safety information including material safety data sheets, emergency procedures, and incident reports;
- current plant performance and utilization data; and
- asset value tracking.
Having up-to-date asset management information available in a central repository leads to:
- increased cash flow and earnings;
- more efficient deployment of assets across the firm;
- reduced operating and maintenance costs;
- increased control over spending;
- increased quality and accuracy of measurement and reporting; and
- multi-functional sharing of responsibility for fixed asset management between finance, procurement and operations.
Document Management Module. The Document Management module provides a structure for efficient storage of documents for each plant and includes:
- Material and Energy Balance (PDF)
- Process Flow Diagram (PFD) (AutoCAD)
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P & ID's) (AutoCAD)
- Equipment General Arrangement Diagram (AutoCAD)
- Foundation Loading Diagram (AutoCAD)
- Piping Tie In Diagram (AutoCAD)
- Electrical Wiring Tie In Diagram (AutoCAD)
- Electrical Grounding Layout Diagram (AutoCAD)
- Motor Control Center (MCC) Specification (PDF)
- Operating Instructions (PDF)
- Installation, Maintenance and Spare Parts Manual (PDF)
A complete equipment list and instrument index is provided with links to allow users to immediately extract all documents associated with a particular equipment item. A document checkout system that logs the names of individuals that have accessed the documents and the dates they were accessed is included. The checkout system provides for the use of security clearance codes for various document types. In addition, a document revision history report is continuously maintained.
Plant Maintenance Module. The Plant Maintenance module is a complete system designed to meet the operational and work management needs of all Hydro-Mini® owners. The system provides instant access to information about individual plants and their components such as:
- preventive maintenance schedule;
- equipment maintenance history with repair reports;
- maintenance and repair procedures; and
- spare parts inventory.
The preventive maintenance schedule provides a complete list of routine and periodic maintenance procedures with links to detailed instructions. The system will track the expiration date of the plant warranty and automatically remind customers of maintenance schedules.
Whenever maintenance is performed on a piece of equipment, the information is input for automatic report generation. The equipment maintenance history will display all preventive and corrective maintenance that was performed on a particular equipment item. The system will automatically identify repeated trouble spots or problem areas.
Each equipment item's maintenance history is linked to the Document Management module to instantaneously display all documents and drawings that pertain to the equipment. Furthermore, each maintenance or repair procedure is linked to the Process Safety Management module to highlight additional safety precautions and procedures.
By utilizing the Plant Maintenance module, customers will immediately experience:
- reduced maintenance costs;
- improved maintenance quality;
- reduced plant downtime; and
- improved plant safety before, during and after maintenance activities.
Process Safety Management Module. The Process Safety Management module helps the safety professional manage the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.119. The system provides instant access to all the required process safety information such as:
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) (PDF);
- plant design documents (see Document Management Module);
- HAZOP study report (PDF);
- employee training schedules and history;
- training materials (PDF);
- safety precautions and procedures;
- inspection reports and audit results; and
- incident investigation reports.
The Process Safety Management module will:
- improve plant safety;
- keep customers in full compliance with OSHA regulations;
- allow quicker response to emergencies; and
- simplify the implementation of Management of Change.
Plant Performance Data Module. The Plant Performance Data module provides summary reports of up-to-date plant performance and utilization data directly from the plant's process control system. Each report contains data depicted in tabular and graphical formats with benchmark comparisons and information on best practices. The following standard reports are maintained:
- Utility Consumption
- Hydrogen and Steam Production
- Operating Conditions
Through improved information feedback from the plant, use of the Plant Performance Data module will:
- reduce plant operating costs;
- enhance plant performance;
- simplify identification of operating problems;
- reduce plant downtime; and
- increase equipment service life.
Asset Valuation Module. The Asset Valuation module provides reliable, up-to-date information about the fair market value of each plant employed. The fair market value will be determined by comparing the plant's age, condition, utilization and performance with the present state-of-the-art technology and prices. The system will act as an "online blue book" to track the value of the asset in order to help the owner:
- avoid redundant purchases through the internal redeployment of idle, underutilized or surplus plants; and
- determine when and how to dispose of idle, underutilized or obsolete plants on the open market at attractive prices.